Thursday, January 1, 2009

My 9 for '09

Thursday, January 1st, 2009

I am resurrecting this blog. I promise. Really, I do. For my first post, my 9 hopes/desires/intentions for 2009 (in no particular order):

1) be more patient with the kids. Tap into my inner child and try to learn how to be silly and get into their imaginative play;

2) finish my dissertation requirements and defend;

3) read more for pleasure. It really does help my mood and patience;

4) after the baby is born, exercise more. I really need to get back in shape because 4 pregnancies in 5 years has wreaked havoc on this ol' body;

5) drive less - walk more. This may be difficult in San Antonio as things are so spread out;

6) get a job I like;

7) decorate the new house and get some new furniture that is less college kid and more sturdy and family friendly (and washable);

8) spend more time on my hobbies - knitting, crochet, I would like to learn to sew. Learn more about herbal remedies. Take up new things - I think I want to learn how to make infusions like alcohol, vinegars, oils, etc;

9) spend more time taking care of myself. I always put myself last and it needs to stop. I am starting to believe that to be a good wife, mother, friend, person I need to look to my own needs first;

10) not get pregnant again :)

1 comment:

  1. Aha, I see how this is. First Facebook, now Blogger. You're kind of a stalking aunt :D No, I'm absolutely kidding, I didn't know you had a blog and I'm looking forward to updates!! Love, Em.

    ReplyDelete