Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Boys Adrift

Wednesday, February 11th, 2009



I just finished reading Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax. It took me about 7 hours on and off to read because I was just so fascinated by what the authour was saying. Basically, he outlines and explains the 5 main factors leading to the rash of disengaged, underachieving boys and men in today's school systems and society - think Failure to Launch syndrome. As the mother of two (maybe three) boys this epidemic of lack of motivation and ambition concerns me greatly. I want to be prepared to help my boys become productive, happy members of society, not create little slackers who will never amount to much and will be a burden (okay, that may be a little harsh, but read the book and you will understand where this idea comes from).

When I have more time, I will outline these points and add my take on them. Right now, demands for food and drink need to take precedence.

No comments:

Post a Comment