Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 15 - Homemade Cookies

The kids have been complaining that I no longer make cookies, so I decided to treat them and make some carob chip cookies with crunchy toffee bits. They were very happy.

My little assistant

The few cookies I could get a picture of before they were devoured.

**Just so you know, all the kids and I are allergic to cocoa so you will never see a recipe with chocolate in this blog. I replace all chocolate chips with carob chips, and all cocoa powder with carob powder.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, what a great idea! Those cookies look delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have to cut back the sugar when you use carob powder? my carob brownies come out super sweet unless I cut the sugar back, but I am never sure how that will affect the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually do, and it hasn't affected the taste or texture. However, you can also find vegan unsweetened carob chips (by Sunspire)and use the same amount of sugar if it is the chips you need to use.

    ReplyDelete