Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 4 - Asian Salad Dressing

Okay, shoot me. It is day 4 and I am alread coping out and making salad dressing. Honestly, it was our first day of full-time homeschool and I really need to get better at our schedule. Also, I am taking care of a friend's dog whilst they are away being festive ('tis the season and all) with her family. She graciously allowed me to take her unfinished organic spring mix salad so it didn't go to waste; hence the salad dressing. (However, please note the filling for the omelette was a super fantastic homemade cheddar ale fondue from New Year's Eve, so it was, in fact a triple homemade meal - fondue, omelette and dressing.

FYI - I generally cook "off the cuff" so measuring is a hit or miss thing for me, and I often describe things in "parts". It is frustrating, I know.

Take two parts soy sauce or tamari, put it in a mixing jar.

Add two parts sesame oil.

Add one part rice wine vinegar, and then add garlic if you like (or if you don't forget like I did). Cap the jar and shake vigorously.

Cheddar Ale cheese omelette with organic greens and Asian salad dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment