Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 16 - Stirfry Sauce

Tonight I wanted a quick and hearty dish, so I made stirfry. Actually, it is not as spontaneous as it sounds because I always plan my complete menu a week (sometimes two) before I go to the store, so I knew we were having stirfry.

I know a lot of people like to buy store-bought Teriyaki sauce or other sauces to add to their stirfry, but I like a simple basic sauce:

1 cup soy sauce or tamari
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
grated fresh ginger and chopped garlic to taste, and a squeeze of lemon

I like to follow the theory that a good sauce (and a good marinade) should have a salty element, a spicy element, a sweet element, an acid element, and a sour element.

The stiry fry itself was just brown rice, onions, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts and scrambled egg. It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment